T Nation

1 Year Lifting + Acrobatics

I have been trying to get a steady regime going and it looks like it is finally working. I lift twice a week now and do Gymnastics once a week I also train 2-4 times a week in MMA but that is more often then not mostly technique as we are expected to do physical training outside of MMA.

I Lift for increased Burst Power and Vertical Jump, I spend a fair amount of my time at Gymnastics training Strength Skills (Handstand Press, Planche, L-Seat, etc.) and I spend a lot of my time at MMA training BJJ.

I am 183cm tall and 74Kg (163lb). I failed at keeping a accurate eating log so now I just try to eat as much Protein and carbs as possible.

Some of my 1RMs:

Bench: 85Kg
Squat: 160Kg
Dead Lift: 170Kg
45 Leg Press: 360Kg
Military Press: 80Kg
Leg Extensions: 145Kg (Machine Max)
Leg Curls: 110Kg
Chin Ups: Body+30Kg
Dips: Body+40Kg

Apart from eating more what else would you guys recommend?

(I hope these pics dont come out gigantic or stupidly small)

I put down my off set abbs to twisting movements in Gymnastics as I only twist to my right. They should even out in time.

and thats all the pics for you if you want anything more please ask.

Can you give a more precise description of your workouts? Your lifts are decent, especially, more than I would have expected for someone as, um, lean as you are.

Also, you said you don’t have a food log, but what are your estimates for calories and macros?

hahaha lean I dont mind the term skinny basterd.

full body twice a week.

I mix it up between 3X8, 5X5 and 5X3.

I just try to hit asmany muscle groups as possible and use 2-0-1 movement timing (medium pace down stop and fast back up) on alot of my movements.

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
Your lifts are decent, especially, more than I would have expected for someone as, um, lean as you are.quote]

I have had ppl at the gym ask if I need a spot when I have been warming up, its a double edged sword, I look weak (Con) Im not as week as I look (Pro).

It’s hard to make any recommendations when you don’t list any goals.

You look good. You are lean and muscular. YOu are VERY strong for your size, except the bench where you are not strong enough even for your bodyweight.
You ARE a tiny little guy but then you are an acrobat, so you have to find your sweet range where you can excel at your sport while packing as much muscle as possible (with the balance determined by your sport)
What are you trying to do??? I mean…you cant let aesthetics be the primary factor in determinig your training as you are an athlete. PAck size? Are you sure?

If you are training to achieve as much size as you need to get a certain proportion, then it can again clash with your sporting needs.

In any case 7/10 from me. Good work and keep it up. Just be careful with what youre doing here. Youre small boned and ANY mass (in the wrong areas for you) can spell injury. Hope that makes sense.

[quote]Vatic wrote:
I put down my off set abbs to twisting movements in Gymnastics as I only twist to my right. They should even out in time.[/quote]

I’d put your off-set abs down to genetics; training’s not going to straighten them out. But seriously, don’t even worry a second about it.

5.0…for what? This forum has gone to the skinnies.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
It’s hard to make any recommendations when you don’t list any goals.[/quote]

Yep.

[quote]Vatic wrote:
I have been trying to get a steady regime going and it looks like it is finally working. I lift twice a week now and do Gymnastics once a week I also train 2-4 times a week in MMA but that is more often then not mostly technique as we are expected to do physical training outside of MMA.

I Lift for increased Burst Power and Vertical Jump, I spend a fair amount of my time at Gymnastics training Strength Skills (Handstand Press, Planche, L-Seat, etc.) and I spend a lot of my time at MMA training BJJ.

I am 183cm tall and 74Kg (163lb). I failed at keeping a accurate eating log so now I just try to eat as much Protein and carbs as possible.

Some of my 1RMs:

(I hope these pics dont come out gigantic or stupidly small)[/quote]

I’m sorry guy, but you need some muscles. Your concave chest needs work, legs, shoulders, arms and you need to cover up the bones on your back with some muscle.

I understand you are MMA/ burst speed, functional and all, but you look like any other 16-18 year old who is active.

I see what yorue saying about the rating. I was impressed by his numbers and felt he deserved a good rating for that.
About adding mass, normally I;d agree with you, but this guy is trying to be an acrobat. Ive seen a few small jointed gymnasts, and getting too big can actually hurt them. The guys you see at the olympics have a better bone structure for handling the heavier weight.

The MMA thing is pointless, I agree. he can be explosive and powerful even after adding at least 50 pounds of LBM onto his frame. But gymnasts are different creatures.
ADDENDUM:: Ive always wondered…what if a sumo wrestler came onto the forum and posted his pictures? should we rate him according to the needs of his sport and give him a 9 or a 10? or should we rate him based on bodybuilding and give him a 1?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Vatic wrote:

Some of my 1RMs:

(I hope these pics dont come out gigantic or stupidly small)

I’m sorry guy, but you need some muscles. Your concave chest needs work, legs, shoulders, arms and you need to cover up the bones on your back with some muscle.

I understand you are MMA/ burst speed, functional and all, but you look like any other 16-18 year old who is active. [/quote]

Maybe he should post in the performance section then, as this is rate my physique and this is a bodybuilding website. He deserves something, he posted legs and back and front, I dont know about a 7 though, from what I’ve seen on here 7 seems too high to me.

I think if we get a consensus on what to do with the sumo wrestler (or an ultramarathon runner) we can use that to rate athletes from that point.

As far as his concave chest, his bench is just 5 kilos (10 pounds) more than his military, what else does anyone expect??? Very very shoulder dominant, just like many gymnasts.

He also avoids ring work (that does a LOT to develop the chest) for sure. For anyone who’s intersted, give ring dips a try and you’ll see new growth in your chest no matter what. Screw Vince G lol.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
Maybe he should post in the performance section then, as this is rate my physique and this is a bodybuilding website. He deserves something, he posted legs and back and front, I dont know about a 7 though, from what I’ve seen on here 7 seems too high to me.[/quote]

dude, you are skinny. Sure, you have some definition, but it’s not impressive.

How the HELL does he have such a rating?

[quote]UkpairehMombooto wrote:
Ive always wondered…what if a sumo wrestler came onto the forum and posted his pictures? should we rate him according to the needs of his sport and give him a 9 or a 10? or should we rate him based on bodybuilding and give him a 1?

[/quote]

Well, if it’s a bodybuilding forum…um…maybe we should rate him based on bodybuilding and tell him to please go to a sumo wrestling forum.