1 Week into TRT and Levothyrox, Huge Water Retention and Injection Pain

Hey Hostile, with hcg at 250 units per week, have you had any shrinkage? And you say you had high water retention because of the hcg causing T>E conversion in the testes?

They are smaller than pre-trt but that dose seems to be keeping them stable and alive for lack of a better description. Too much more and I was having high e2 symptoms. Mentally I was OK, but the edema was the most noticeable symptom with more than once per week. I tried EOD, mon, weā€™d, Fri, twice per week and once per week. Iā€™ve found twice per week and once per week to be the best balance for my system. Iā€™m not entirely sure if it was from T to E conversion in the testes or not, although thatā€™s the prevailing theory.

Thereā€™s not much of a surprise for edema with 250 mg per week. Thatā€™s 2.5 times a clinical dose.

I thought we were talking about 250ius?

It said 250 mg T enanthate in the first post.

guys can hcg cause water retention? if so should i just lower the dosage

Yes it can in some. Any more than one hcg injection of 250 ius per week and I experience water retention. There are other men who have reported this as well.

How low do you lower the dose and how do you get rid of that water weight

My max is 250 ius twice per week but Iā€™ve been on 250 ius once per week for months now.

The water weight should come off by itself. If it doesnā€™t then the two most likely causes are high e2 or youā€™ve put on fat and not water.

And frequent lower dosage are better than weekly higher dosage ?

Iā€™d suggest starting your own thread with all of your info, background and current protocol at this point

This is my trend hahašŸ˜‚

Sorry man. I got you and Mr phoenix mixed up. Most men do well on 250 ius every other day. This simulates ā€œnormalā€ LH levels in men, which are pulsile naturally.

Many men on AAS only go with 250 ius three times per week.

Too much hcg can cause more issues and desensitized the leydig cells in our testes.

Some men (I seem to be one of them) are sensitive to hcg. I seem to respond intensely to it. Even at only one injection of hcg 250 ius per week, my testes hold steady. Twice per week would likely be better for testicular size, but with twice per week, edema/water retention becomes an issue.

Even with the one injection, I experience slight edema for about 24 hours before itā€™s expeled.

Is there any difference when you do 125 twice a week

Possibly. Iā€™ve never done that. If there was a difference it would likely be minimal. You can try both for a month each and see how both affect you.