1 or 2 Protein Bars a Day?

I love the Metabolic Drive bars that are sold here. They are so good and they keep me from snacking on stuff i shouldn’t be snacking on since i have a sweet tooth. I’ve had two a day before. They are an inbetween meal thing though. I’ll never eat one for dinner or lunch.

What do you guys think about beef jerky? If yes, any good brands? Sorry for all the questions, thanks again for taking the time to help me out :).

Nik

I think that making use of protein bars is fine, especially if bulking, where your macros can be a little off. Certainly the better tasting bars are not usually the healthiest ones for you, but again, if you’re bulking, just worry about prot and overall cals. If you’re concerned with weight gain, or cutting, you would always be better off with a shake, or real food if it’s feasible. I know the real park of the bars is that you can just toss one in your pocket, I do it myself, and when I first started actually making strides nutrition wise, I was having 2 a day myself (sitting at a desk job).

Other things I find myself carrying (some might require a small cooler though -lol):
Cashews
Jerky
Precooked Chicken Breasts
Ezekial Bread w/Natty PB
Cottage Cheese with Cinnamon
Turkey Pepperoni

S

Well I am attempting to stay pretty lean 10-12 BF%, as it would be very counter productive for me to get “bulky”, as I need to be pretty lean to be a good goaltender. Basically just trying to gain as much muscle without gaining a lot of fat.

Nik

Shakes are almost just as easy as bars if you make them ahead of time and take them with you.