1 or 2 Prong Belts

Hey guys, I was just wondering what you guys thought were better 1 or 2 prong and why? and are there any advantages and disadvantages to one or the other? thanks

1 prong is easier to get on, adjust, and take off. All because you only have 1 prong to mess with. Other than that, there is no difference.

Like blake said, single prong are just as good but are about 100x easier to get tight and get off.

now on www.bobsbelts.com they have a 4inch 5 inch, and a 4/5 inch haha so many belts! anyway ill be using the belt for all 3 lifts should i get a 4 inch?

a 2 prong might distribute the tension a little better in my opinion. i like the two prong belts myself and dont have any trouble getting it on, after its been broke in.

yea 2 prong all the way…i used my friends 1 prong belt once cuz i forgot mine and it just didnt feel as strong and secure as the 2 prong, i mean it may just be all in my head but the 2 prongs are just great…good luck, either decision is a good one…what are your current weights for your lifts??? prowriststraps.com have awesome belts, i have one and a bunch of my powerlifting buddies have them and love them…
IronWarrior

Single prong… Getting in and out of the double prong sucks. The other option is the lever action belt. Those get tight as hell, and they’re easy to get in and out of.

I prefer single prong, double prong is a pain in the ass imho. I use a 10 mm lever belt, it’s my favorite.

Also, get a 4" belt, the wider belts are not legal in many federations.

Hey look who moved ^^

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I prefer single prong[/quote]

I’m sure you do :wink:

[quote]tjpiattelli wrote:
now on www.bobsbelts.com they have a 4inch 5 inch, and a 4/5 inch haha so many belts! anyway ill be using the belt for all 3 lifts should i get a 4 inch?[/quote]

Get a 4 inch. Single Prong. Bobs Belts are the best. They last forever.

Jason

thanks jason i appreciate it

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
yea 2 prong all the way…i used my friends 1 prong belt once cuz i forgot mine and it just didnt feel as strong and secure as the 2 prong, i mean it may just be all in my head but the 2 prongs are just great…good luck, either decision is a good one…what are your current weights for your lifts??? prowriststraps.com have awesome belts, i have one and a bunch of my powerlifting buddies have them and love them…
IronWarrior[/quote]

my lifts arent big yet, im still weak as hell haha my first meet is this coming may im following 5/3/1 and gonna compete raw, my bench is super low 225… haha squat 365 and deadlift 405. Ill get stronger though haha

[quote]tjpiattelli wrote:

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
IronWarrior[/quote]

my lifts arent big yet, im still weak as hell haha my first meet is this coming may im following 5/3/1 and gonna compete raw, my bench is super low 225… haha squat 365 and deadlift 405. Ill get stronger though haha
[/quote]

Thats not bad at all! how much do you weigh?? just have fun at your first competition, its gonna be awesome…if you plan on getting a belt i would get one ASAP because your gonna need some time getting used to lifting with it…its great that you waited before you got one, you seem to have some pretty decent numbers, some people want to get a belt and they still dont even have any sort of base strength with deadlift/squat…the belt will definitely help you at once you get use to how to use it to its maximum potential…make sure when you do get one though you only use it for your heavier sets, dont be using it for your lighter warm up sets…

IronWarrior

ya man for sure, im still gonna train core to and not just rely on the belt, im working on building a reverse hyper to, haha cant wait and i weigh about 227, gonna try and cut to 210 ish, for the end of summer would be ideal, i hate dieting though and dont even know where to start haha

yea your lifts definitley need some work if your weighin in at 227 but thats ok, strength doesnt come over night, you gotta bust your ass for it…how long have you been training for??? yes dieting is a big part of losing weight, but you also have to factor in any cardio your doing…i would start adding some intervals on a treadmill after a few of your workouts or even on a day when your not training, but i woudlnt do that til after your competition…whats your diet like now? are you following any sort of meal plan or are you just eating freely throughout the day?

IronWarrior

ya dude my lifts suck haha, and i have only been training for a few months, and i dont even know if ill drop to 210, i might try and move up in weight then compete at 220 it all depends as of right now i just need my lifts to go up haha

dont stress it, it takes time…i completely tore up my knee including my ACL/MCL/LCL my freshman year of college…in the spring i could barely squat 135lbs, and the docs told me i would never squat again, it took me almost another year and a half to really be back in the groove, and 2 years after my surgery i squatted 500lbs…so it just shows that over time and enough dedication to something you will be alright…just keep grinding away at it…

IronWarrior

thats pretty awesome dude, and I love lifting its all I think about, I dont think ill give it up anytime soon