1 More Creatine?

I took my first scoop of creatine today after my workout. After all of your advice and reading an article that explained what the first guy said in my other thread I decided I’m in no hurry and would rather take the creatine slow and steady rather than do a loading phase. Anyhow here’s a problem I ran into. After my workout I like to drink a protein shake, but I take 100% whey protein which has only 2.5 carbs in it. I don’t really want to drink protein then juice and creatine. I’ve read that you can add the creatine to your protein and get proper delivery, but only if your protein is matched carbs and protein say 40grams of protein and 40grams of carbs. Well instead of having to drink two shakes couldn’t I just add regular table sugar to my one shake after my workout to give me the insulin spike to absorb the creatine? If so and this is the mind boggler for me, How much sugar do I need to add to create enough simple carbs?

Thanks Again your a big help,
Mike

Dextrose+ Orange Juice + Vanilla Whey

You’ll end up with enough carbs.

Alternatively,

Milk+ Chocolate Whey+ Dextrose

Also end up with enough carbs.

Again, you can just take your creatine with grape juice and drink your protien shake separately.

-XenNova

Dont drink creatine with milk, ever.

Unless it is really warm milk and calcium free.

Take your creatine on your workout days with one and half serving of gatorade powder or even kool aid :slight_smile: and 30 grams of whey.

On off days go ahead and drink it with fructose loaded juices or plain warm water.

I like this idea the best so far, but instead of the gatorade powder couldn’t I just use plain sugar since all I’m looking for is the simple carbs.

Thanks,
Mike

The gatorade orange flavour tastes pretty good. If you like the taste of sugar better go ahead friend, knock yourself out :slight_smile:

Also gatorade and such have sodium in em, which aids in creatine transport.

The first time I took Creatine was way, way back in 1996. Back then, all these particular instructions didn’t exist – we put the powder right in our mouths and washed it down with water. We were also told to drink some extra water while on creatine.

My results were fantastic, and never to be duplicated in the years since – no matter how “advanced” the product or how many “techniques” I applied to increase absorption.

That first time, I gained 11 pounds in one month and was noticably fuller and stronger. Granted, I had only been working out a couple of months before that, but the product worked and worked well.

The point is, I don’t think you need to worry so much. Just take the stuff. If you don’t want to load (I did and will if I use it again), just take it in the morning and before or after you work out.

K.I.S.S.

No I love the taste of orange gatorade, but I’m trying to load this all up into one post-workout shake and I don’t know how chocolate whey and orange gatorade will taste. That’s why I want to just use sugar cause I’m hoping it will enhance the chocolate flavor of the whey and not throw it off with another flavor. See what I mean.

I’m getting more and more to that point, I’m thinking of just taking creatine with my protein shake just for simplicity.

OR…

You could simply take it with Surge on workout days. Saves a lot of trouble.

Danny

[quote]Seeves wrote:
No I love the taste of orange gatorade, but I’m trying to load this all up into one post-workout shake and I don’t know how chocolate whey and orange gatorade will taste. That’s why I want to just use sugar cause I’m hoping it will enhance the chocolate flavor of the whey and not throw it off with another flavor. See what I mean.[/quote]

I am sorry i ignored the fact that you use chocolate whey :slight_smile:

I personally use orange gatorade and a vanilla whey powder for a nice cold orange vanilla swirl shake.

Nowdays they even have orange protein powders. Prolab sent me a sample once i tried it and boy does it taste good with orange gatorade.

I used to do the same thing that Right Side Up did. Back in the late 1990’s, I worked for EAS and was able to use all of supplements I wanted. I used to just plop a spoonful of creatine in my mouth and chase it with water. Everytime I started using creatine I would gain 7 - 9 pounds within the first 2 weeks. Worked then and it still works for me know.

Agree with Dboy. But if this is not an option, sucrose and Gatorade are fine.

If it comes down to it, just throw it in your mouth like RSU mentioned.

Cheers

[quote]Dboy wrote:
OR…

You could simply take it with Surge on workout days. Saves a lot of trouble.

Danny[/quote]

This is what I’ve decided I read that a 50/50 protein/carb mix works just as well as highly glycemic drinks. So After my work out I mix 2 scoops of chocolate whey 40g/10g protein to carb, 5g creatine, and 3 tbl spoons of sugar which is 36g of carbs so that gives me 40g/46g protein to carb ration. Hopefully this won’t make me as sick as chugging a glass of grape juice after a chocolate protein shake, but I’ll let you know how well it works and if I get sick or not.

Thanks Guys,
Mike

Well I drank my cocktail tonight and so far so good. It was really sweet and tasted really good, but almost like it was unhealthy or something. Anyhow the biggest difference is I didn’t get the shits tonight after drinking it is that because my body’s getting used to the creatine or because it absorbed all 5g what do you guys think?

Also I don’t know if it was a mind over matter thing or not, because I know I’ve only been taking the creatine for 3 days now, but I did my chest workout today and increased my bench by 20lbs since last sunday.

Please give some input

Thanks,
Mike