T Nation

1 Lb+ of Chicken Every Day Too Much?

I have been eating around 1 lb of chicken breast spread throughout the day (typically 4 oz at 10am, 8 oz at lunch, and 4oz at 3pm). I get plenty of protein from other sources; but, chicken provides me with a hearty, tasty, lean source that I really don’t mind eating. Is this too much? Anyone know of any studies that show side effects of eating too much chicken? lol.

Umm, Its not uncommon for me to eat a full pound of chicken in one sitting. -_- I hope nothing bad comes with Chicken…

It’s high in protein, low in fat, delicious, and cheap. Go for it.

You could eat way less beef to get the same amount of cals. I’m not sure if it would be healthier, but you might as well alternate. It’s generally a good idea to mix things up.

[quote]Steel88 wrote:
It’s high in protein, low in fat, delicious, and cheap. Go for it.[/quote]

That and you can do more things with chicken than with beef.

I know people who eat that much or more; and have for some time, and don’t have any problems.

eat up!

[quote]RMorrison wrote:
Anyone know of any studies that show side effects of eating too much chicken? lol.
[/quote]

Yeah, there’s a terrible side effect that scares many people away from eating too much chicken. When combined with lifting weights and other forms of protein, eating too much chicken causes these lumpy masses to grow under your skin, all over your body. The horror!

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
RMorrison wrote:
Anyone know of any studies that show side effects of eating too much chicken? lol.

Yeah, there’s a terrible side effect that scares many people away from eating too much chicken. When combined with lifting weights and other forms of protein, eating too much chicken causes these lumpy masses to grow under your skin, all over your body. The horror!

[/quote]

Jesus… Thats just not natural.

Kate Harding told me so.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
RMorrison wrote:

Jesus… Thats just not natural.

Kate Harding told me so.[/quote]
Yes, she also advises the consumption of about 2-3 sticks of margarine twice daily to help even out those nasty lumps.

I heard you may turn into a chicken.

At least thats what my mom would say when I would eat the same thing over and over as a kid …

I eat 3 pounds of chicken a day, every day. No problems whatsoever.

Chicken is great, eat as much as you can choke down

It is important that you eat organic though

The best meat in the world.

Just don’t eat so much you get sick of it.

[quote]RMorrison wrote:
… I have been eating around 1 lb of chicken breast …
[/quote]

Just had about that much for lunch… MMmmmmm BOCK! Good.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
RMorrison wrote:

[/quote]

I. Love. Chicken.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Just don’t eat so much you get sick of it.[/quote]

Too late. Packing back all the grilled chicken breasts that I do is an exercise in pain. I hate it. But, we all know that food is fuel, not fun!

I just ate a pound of chicken and half a pound of brocoli for lunch.

For you guys that are eating a pound of chicken a day, I’m just curious as to how much your spending a week on chicken alone?

Price depends on the cuts. I usually buy skinless, boneless breasts for $2/lb, and whole chickens or leg quarters are often less than $1/lb. So I buy them ALL!

[cluck!]

Oops. I meant [burp!]