1 in 20 Kids Use or Have Used Steroids?

Wonder how accurate this study is? Either way, it is pretty freaking sad…

BTW, not sure if right forum. Move if necessary.

http://news.yahoo.com/one-20-youth-used-steroids-bulk-study-052014145.html

That seems high.

Also:

Overdoing it?

No shit?

I wouldn’t expect the average junior high student or even high school today to know the difference between real “steroids” and shit you buy at GNC. I had many friends in high school who thought the shit in the glass case at GNC was where the “steroids” were kept.

I doubt it has changed much…just like I doubt 1 in 20 youth have actually injected steroids.

People consider those who take creatine to be “assisted”

‘Overdoing it on weightlifting’ ? What a ridiculous survey. What a bunk conclusion. What a misleading title.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I wouldn’t expect the average junior high student or even high school today to know the difference between real “steroids” and shit you buy at GNC. I had many friends in high school who thought the shit in the glass case at GNC was where the “steroids” were kept.

I doubt it has changed much…just like I doubt 1 in 20 youth have actually injected steroids. [/quote]
Agree completely.

I believe it. I traveled around Ohio in high school going to different camps for wrestling and football. Everyone was on something or sold something.

Well not “everyone” but of all the Varsity starters on the average football team i visited at least 5 were on.

Then there were the bros who were just trying to get lots of pussy

Dudes would walk around saying “i got that vial”

Kids use all kinds of shit

Percocet
crack
xtc
keyboard cleaner
cough syrup

But Test is unlikely?

Its seriously everywhere and easy as hell to get.

I think they are factoring in corti steroids so when they ask the snot nose if they’ve used steroids they say yes due to some infection requiring them

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

Percocet
crack
xtc
keyboard cleaner
cough syrup

But Test is unlikely?

Its seriously everywhere and easy as hell to get. [/quote]

Oh, I don’t think test is unlikely, I just don’t think it’s 1 in 20. I’d expect it to be 1 in 20 (or higher) among wrestlers and football players, but not among the whole student population.

I can believe it. I remember years ago watching a documentary about steroids years ago (before I ever used) and it said that steroids were the 3rd most used illegal drug in the UK, behind weed and cocaine.

At the time I thought there was no way that could be true. I’d met a LOT of people that used party drugs, but no steroid users…

Anyway fast forward to the start of this year when I decided to take the plunge (ha!) and now I realise that the shit is EVERYWHERE. There’s gyms in my town where the first things people ask you are “How’s it going? What’s your name? What are you using?” It’s just assumed that you’ll be juicing because everyone else is.

Most of the big gyms around my way have needle bins in the changing rooms.

I think most people just don’t notice it.

In the last year of highschool, I personally knew of at least 20 guys that were doing Dbol, Winstrol, or Clen. A few were doing Sust 250. If a few guys on a team are doing something, there can be a lot of pressure to follow suit. Most guys were doing tabs because they were afraid of the injections. MTest was really popular, too.

1:20

perhaps, I remember a few guys from HS that were taking them, pills, not injection AFAIK. this was also during the Andro era, i took andro and either in conjuction with that or my teen hormones had the most muscle on me I can remember while being darn lean.

[quote]Mateus wrote:
Wonder how accurate this study is? Either way, it is pretty freaking sad…

BTW, not sure if right forum. Move if necessary.

http://news.yahoo.com/one-20-youth-used-steroids-bulk-study-052014145.html[/quote]

Since when did Yahoo and Wiki become facts?

In my day (going old here) Yahoo was a fucking search engine and Wiki was for fucking retards who didnt know who starred in a 1980 sitcom.

The reference at the bottom for this article doesnt even fucking work.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
The reference at the bottom for this article doesnt even fucking work. [/quote]

Remove the http://, old timer.

the article says most of the kids from the survey were poor/middle class. How is a poor middle school kid even going to afford steroids?

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
The reference at the bottom for this article doesnt even fucking work. [/quote]

Remove the http://, old timer.[/quote]

Okay well thanks

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
the article says most of the kids from the survey were poor/middle class. How is a poor middle school kid even going to afford steroids?[/quote]

They get their girlfriend to do tricks.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

Percocet
crack
xtc
keyboard cleaner
cough syrup

But Test is unlikely?

Its seriously everywhere and easy as hell to get. [/quote]

Oh, I don’t think test is unlikely, I just don’t think it’s 1 in 20. I’d expect it to be 1 in 20 (or higher) among wrestlers and football players, but not among the whole student population.[/quote]

Nonstudents use too man. They wanna look exceptional and get effortless ass…they get the juice.

I think 1 in 20 is LOW.

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
the article says most of the kids from the survey were poor/middle class. How is a poor middle school kid even going to afford steroids?[/quote]

Homebrew Test is like 50 dollars. Thats not really hard to save up or earn doing odd jobs…even working a mcjob.

They arent doing Cutler cycles.