1 Hour Weight Lifting Workout Necessary?

am I the only person who’s never heard that workouts have to be an hour? I’ve heard the old dogma that workouts shouldn’t be longer than an hour, which is stupid.

As for PT appointments being an hour, well it’s always been my experience that any appointment tends to be in either an hour, or half hour increment.

Is English your first language?

You can’t agree with me because I haven’t stated my opinion. I’ve asked to clarify yours.

I think another interesting thing going on in this thread, is that if Thibs really believes that you only need 20 mins to work out, why don’t ALL of his programs only take 20mins?

Perhaps the fact that Thibs wrote a 20 minute workout doesn’t really prove anything…

I actually believe the OP is just trying to start an argument for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Edgy hipsters love to challenge the status quo.

My favorite fitness rule is that you must do cardio for 20 minutes before you burn any fat. Then everybody does 20 minutes of cardio and calls it Cool.

2 Likes

It’s almost as if the man himself hasn’t stated multiple times he does all kinds of different stuff for all kinds of different people!

2 Likes

I asked you what you found misleading…you never answered.

And you admitted you probably lift for 12-20minutes…

I’m not arguing against this point, so therefore I ignored it. Sorry if you are butt hurt about this particular point being ignored.

No one interested in having an actual dialogue uses the term “butt hurt”. You are being inflammatory. This will not aide your goal with this topic.

3 Likes

I’ll just reiterate what seems to have gotten lost.

What is your end goal?

If it’s general fitness then perhaps abbreviated sessions and other job. If your plan is maximum physique hyperophy, you’re gonna be hard pressed to find anyone, competitor, coach
, weekend warrior who has had that type of success with wht you’re proposing.

And as has been mentioned, rest periods that Have some effect in n each successive sets’ performance factor into training time as well.

S

1 Like

I was responding to this…

To be as efficient as possible in getting stronger without steroids.

definitely trolling now

2 Likes

I’ve known plenty of high level powerlifters and strength coaches and I can’t seem to recall any of them training or advising 20 minute sessions.

S

I am aware of what you were responding to.

I asked the question because it’s clear you don’t understand that I’ve ask you questions to understand your point, not make my own point.

This indicates to me that English isn’t your first language. However your use of English indicates that you’re just trolling.

So the other guy gets a pass?

He is not as vested in having a dialogue on your topic as you are.

What question did you ask me here? I asked you how am I misleading, and you still haven’t answered me. 3rd time asking you the same question. Answer me and I will answer your question.

Replying to a person over 3 times is pretty vested in a dialogue, wouldn’t you agree?

Pretty obvious display of selective outrage on your part.

I never advised people to do a 20min lifting session or state coaches recommend it, although Christian Thib has a 20min program… I stated it is possible.

Also never said 20min lifting sessions are better.

Not at all.

I have displayed no outrage in our discussions.

I believe your ability to read situations and people to be limited on this medium of communication. This is why your native language was questioned.