T Nation

1 Compound-Only Cycles

This is for my interest as i cannot always afford to stack, and sometimes like a bit more quality that the test bloat provides - and it really bloats me… look at my pictures!
Also many of the newbs who read and post here may fing this useful as they often ask about deca only or DBol only…

Alot of people want to do a cycle with 1 drug only. from sportsmen to beinners to intermediates like me.

Obviously we know Test is about recommended for every cycle, but sometimes it is contra-indicated… due to estrogen, water, gyno - whatever.

I would like a list of all the AAS that can be safely used in a cycle with accompanying ancillaries, without being stacked. So for example we know the 19-nor’s are out, Trenbolone and Nandrolone.
Dianabol could be a good one, but due to lack of keeping gains - useless… or is it? Please put the doses and protocols down for these singular cycles.

Thanks,

I’ll Start.

Primobolan Depot (Enanthate) - 400+mg per week for a good 12 weeks… i like this.

Boldenone Undeclynate? - 300-600mg for 10-12 weeks possibly? Comments? i dont see a problem. (this is fast becoming my steroid of choice i think)

Winstrol Depot - 350-700mg a week for 6-8 weeks max.

Anyone…? and if you think any of the above are no good alone please comment

Thanks!

TestE 750mg-1000mg a week [or Prop 600-800mg a week]
Adex .25mg EOD-.5mg ED [depending of course]

You won’t find a cheaper combo out there since you cannot afford to stack. Just use the adex to control the sides you don’t want. Primo is so dam expensive. Winny isn’t cost effective either.

I’m not sure why you ruled out Tren as a stand alone. Lot of popularity in the short 2-3 week tren blast cycles. I’m not a fan but many are.

Interestingly, I’ve been wondering recently how effective a cycle of just Masteron would be. Say 500mgs/w. No need for an AI, certainly no bloat. I’m not really clear on how HPTA would be effected or what kind of PCT would be required, but it seems like it would be a good cycle for a few pounds of solid muscle and some good fat loss, done right. Anybody tried this or could give me a reason why it would be moronic to do so?

Good idea for a thread, btw.

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:

[/quote]

Actually, a good buddy of mine recommends this cycle as a nice, mild cycle for some easy lean gains. He typically has emotional issues on cycles on test and what-not (to the point that he won7t use AAS at all anymore) and for him, he says, winstrol is less of an emotional roller coaster.

Sounds like gains would be similar to the masteron only cycle I mention above.

500mg of Masteron is getting up there C. Don’t know many who cross or even approach that level.

I have no experience with it whatsoever. Okay, let’s say 300-400mg/w. What kind of results do you think it would produce?

Good thread Joesph. Im intrigued by someone using EQ as a stand alone. Would would be a possible PCT for this?

I like the idea of Primo, and Anavar. Of course. And tes.

And ive read of alot of accounts of Tren as a stand alone. You would need a pretty rigorous PCT IMO tho.

Dont like the idea of Winny. It hurts my soul… And my joints, even thinking about it.

yea i have heard that Masteron 200-600mg/wk can be really good alone

Have anyone done things like:
dbol only
anadrol only
turinabol only
anavar only

and KEPT good gains (and survived the exploding livers, rotting kidneys and all that…)
And if so, how long did you run it for, and at what dosage?

Test Prop, if you can handle the inj frequency will provide you with a pretty bloat free cycle in my experience.

Although personally i would be reluctant to use other steroids without a testosterone base now; i have around a decade a go used other alone.

Oral Winstrol 50mg per day - bag of monkey crap
Dianabol 30,40,50mg per day - horse shit

Dianabol 50mg per day, Winstrol 30mg per day = kaching

Didnt really understand it as i can see no direct synergy between the two drugs yet there was.
Now running 80mg a day total of orals is a bit much for say a 6 weeks cycle, so i would imagine that running a 2on 2off protocol would yield better and overall safer results.
Of course a low dose of test run throughout would only improve things greatly.
Of course, if you have a powder source, then you could pick up enough gear to run 4 of these cycles for under £100 / $200.

If you can cope without a libido and all the other benefits of having actual testosterone in your body then i see no prob with single drug cycles.

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:
This is for my interest as i cannot always afford to stack, and sometimes like a bit more quality that the test bloat provides - and it really bloats me… look at my pictures!
Also many of the newbs who read and post here may fing this useful as they often ask about deca only or DBol only…

Alot of people want to do a cycle with 1 drug only. from sportsmen to beinners to intermediates like me.

Obviously we know Test is about recommended for every cycle, but sometimes it is contra-indicated… due to estrogen, water, gyno - whatever.

I would like a list of all the AAS that can be safely used in a cycle with accompanying ancillaries, without being stacked. So for example we know the 19-nor’s are out, Trenbolone and Nandrolone.
Dianabol could be a good one, but due to lack of keeping gains - useless… or is it? Please put the doses and protocols down for these singular cycles.

Thanks,

I’ll Start.

Primobolan Depot (Enanthate) - 400+mg per week for a good 12 weeks… i like this.

Boldenone Undeclynate? - 300-600mg for 10-12 weeks possibly? Comments? i dont see a problem. (this is fast becoming my steroid of choice i think)

Anyone…? and if you think any of the above are no good alone please comment

Thanks![/quote]

Would you care to say something about why the dbol only and winstrol only cycles was so shitty?

Interesting about the dbol+winny combo being good. Did it shut you down badly?

[quote]Dave1188 wrote:
yea i have heard that Masteron 200-600mg/wk can be really good alone[/quote]

I think once you get up there with the mast, it just has the potential to overly dry you up. And with that can come injuries. Certainly a sweet compound though, and I wouldn’t be past running it alone up to 400/week if your healthy and have no minor injuries at all.

Personally I would run just a test cycle if I had to run a standalone. But I have heard of good solid results from a boat load of primo. The main problem with that would be cost.

[quote]Phyzeekk wrote:
Good thread Joesph. Im intrigued by someone using EQ as a stand alone. Would would be a possible PCT for this?

I like the idea of Primo, and Anavar. Of course. And tes.

And ive read of alot of accounts of Tren as a stand alone. You would need a pretty rigorous PCT IMO tho.

Dont like the idea of Winny. It hurts my soul… And my joints, even thinking about it.

[/quote]

Thanks.
I would’ve used tren as a standalone, but after doing deca as a standalone a few times, and knowing how hard it is to recover from that (still havent)… i can only expect tren is worse!
Maybe it is just me.

Primo is expensive as fuck… but nice all the same, there is a reason for its expense, the doses that high are good enough to gain ncely and very little in the way of sides. very little, you pay for what you get. I do thik it would shut you down at 600mg a week though!

Var… obviously, and winny, yep.
I am very interested in Boldenone, alone and as a stack. Deca is a favourite of mine, if i do a cycle of deca i get some decent gains and it is high quality, little fat/bloat and i look hard if i add proviron and that keeps the pecker up.
But recovery is non-existent.
But boldenone gives better results all around than deca IMO… it is on my list and will bo n my next cycle either alone or stacked… probaly stacked with test 500mgT and 400mgB i think.

Possible PCT for the bold could be the taper no? It is 50% as aromatizing as test, it is related to test, i know that it turns to dihydroboldenone in the scalp though so the dht meds do not work i have read? maybe someone can confirm or deny?

Has anyone has extensive experience with Eq? Alone or as part of any stacks? What is it like? good or great or ok or shite?!

Joe

[quote]balisong wrote:
Have anyone done things like:
dbol only
anadrol only
turinabol only
anavar only

and KEPT good gains (and survived the exploding livers, rotting kidneys and all that…)
And if so, how long did you run it for, and at what dosage?

[/quote]

I have done 2 Dbol only and kept none of the gains. That could be me, if i did hGh i wouldnt have kept the gains in that stage of my life!

Joe

Trenbolone is appropriate in this context.

1. HPTA suppression from trenbolone is much less then nandrolone.

2. By using an ED injection plan peak plasma levels are smoothed out and the worst side effects are kept to a minimum.

3. 4-6 week cycle length allows rapid recovery.

4. keep dosage at ~50mg/day

5. avoid dorsal gluteal injections to reduce risk of ‘tren cough’

6. you could also use bio-replacement levels of testosterone at ~10mg/day for a hybrid single compound cycle.

[quote]fburn wrote:
Trenbolone is appropriate in this context.

1. HPTA suppression from trenbolone is much less then nandrolone.

[/quote]

Really? On what evidence/experience/hearsay do you base this statement? Because I have certainly heard otherwise.

All of this sounds good from my limited experience.

I’d like to know why you state this as well. I’ve only experienced “tren cough” (or it was an oil embolism from the combination of test and tren together) once, and this was from a ventro-gluteal injection.

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:

Possible PCT for the bold could be the taper no? It is 50% as aromatizing as test, it is related to test, i know that it turns to dihydroboldenone in the scalp though so the dht meds do not work i have read? maybe someone can confirm or deny?
Joe[/quote]

I would guess you could do a short stasis/taper with prop, though the EOD injections during a taper would be troublesome enough that I would probably just opt for “standard” PCT.

Joe why haven’t you recovered from the deca standalone cycle?

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Joe Joseph wrote:

Joe

I would guess you could do a short stasis/taper with prop, though the EOD injections during a taper would be troublesome enough that I would probably just opt for “standard” PCT.[/quote]

Not sure if he mentioned this would be a problem.

But why not just change esters to E before end of cylce and taper it.