T Nation

1 Armed Training (JMaier)

I’ve failed miserably on my nutrition. I was holding on until we arrived st my aunt and uncle’s house. My aunt loves to host and she brought out chips and guac, trail mix, popcorn, watermelon, mixed nuts. I ate it all. I don’t even need dinner.

3 Likes

Yas queen, time to become friends with lactic acid

1 Like

Can I take Pepto-Bismal in my protein shake for that??
:crazy_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

Unknown morning weight. My aunt is treating me like a an old fashioned grandma. Guess I’m having cheesy sausage and egg casserole for breakfast.

3 Likes

Well now I want an invite

1 Like

Yeah… where in CO do these people live? Next time i’m out visiting family (next weekend) I want to drop in for breakfast.

1 Like

Colorado Springs. My uncle just gave us a quick tour of his area. He doesn’t realize we can’t afford to live in this world.

He took us to his gym and I got a decent workout in. I didn’t follow a plan. I just hit a bit of everything and kept moving.

Here’s the view from the gym.
20190816_091644

6 Likes

Man I miss Colorado. Since the legalization of MJ, the influx of population has driven housing and all living costs through the roof. I’m not sure where I am going to retire yet (prefer sun over snow as I haven’t been on a snowboard in years) but away from the city somewhere in Colorado with that view of the foothills/Rockies is tough to beat.

It’s all fun and beautiful now, but I know it’s easy to get enamored with a place when you first arrive. I’m not selling my house yet.

I need to visit more and see how the day to day life feels. Vacation life lies to you.

1 Like

true, but you already deal with snow and I think Denver Metro is quite a but milder in the winters… Colorado Springs gets a TON more snow than Denver usually as the way the weather comes off the mountains dumps the snow on the Eastern slope rather than higher up in the ski resorts like just a little bit north (Lakewood/Golden/Denver area) where it dumps on the Western slope

That being said, I would never get tired of seeing the snow capped mountains and crystal blue sky. Ok, I’m talking myself into Colorado again once this South Florida experiment runs out.

3 Likes

It’s wedding day. I was up till almost 2am, drank A LOT, and woke up at 7. I couldn’t sleep any longer due to feeling like crap.

I. Am. Hung. Over.

I’m tagging along for a hike to burn some calories. I don’t feel sick, and hopefully that continues. I don’t want to puke on the hike…or in the car…or at all, really.

4 Likes

Not sure if true but I’ve heard that a chocolate banana shake with a little honey works nice for a hang over. Hydrates you nicely and restores the lost electrolytes supposedly…

…and definitely for your sweet tooth lol

2 Likes

I’m so jacked up that I selected regular pancake batter over the chocolate chip!

I still felt drunk when I woke up. The ol equilibrium was off.

1 Like

How did the hike end up?

1 Like

Hike was great - nothing too difficult. The nausea kicked in afterwards. I spent the afternoon stuck between nausea and hunger. I also went to the bathroom about five times throughout the day.

I think I’m through it now. The wedding was nice and the only thing I drank was champagne for the toast. I was able to eat like normal again.

1 Like

Sounds like a great trip J. Glad you survived the hike man.

1 Like

Hangovers suck!! What was your poison (s) of choice?

Beggars can’t be choosers. I started with Fat Tire but the pony keg didn’t last long. I chose Michelob Ultra next. After that ran out, I opted for some beer called Hamm’s over Coors Original. I blame the Hamm’s.

I felt normal last night but woke up before midnight with a fever and more stomach pain.

I’m hungry today but I don’t think I’m going to eat til dinner. I’m hoping I don’t feel sick again after that. We’re driving home now - only 300 miles to go.

1 Like

Ugh! Your blame is well-placed. Hamm’s is the worst …

1 Like