T Nation

1-AD And Tribbulus Terrestis?

Is it smart/useful to supplement with 100mg 1-AD 3X a day and also 650mg Tribbulis 3X a day? If you just started the 1-AD today, but have been using Tribbulis for a month, would you cut the trib out?

Also, is HMB useful? Some people say to take a gram or two a day, while others say its useless, especially if i’m already supplementing with glutamine.

My goal is to maintain/increase lean muscle while reducing bf, i.e. I don’t want to gain much weight. (I should probably stop the creatine then also right, water retention?)

Thanks for your advice guys!!

I would save the Tribulus for PCT at the end of 1-AD.

HMB isn’t worth the price. Studies show that in large doses (3g/day), it MAY have a positive effect on lean body mass and cholesterol, but that it will lose effectiveness over prolonged periods of time. There are not enough positive, non-biased human studies on HMB to make the supplement seem favorable, and weight trainers that have used HMB tend to balk at the notion that it is as useful a supplement as say creatine or glutamine. Personally I think it’s too expensive to justify the potentially minimal benefits.

Since 1-AD will cause you to retain some water, cut out the creatine, but use it with Tribex during PCT. If you already have the HMB you might as well use it with 1-AD, and keep the glutamine.

That’s MHO.

Yea, I bought a bottle og EAS HMB on a guy’s word. Like you said, I might as well take it, but they want me to choke down 4 pills 2-3 times a day, and with the multi, 1-ad, glucosamine, glutamine and Bodyquicken, i’m already choking down a lot.

The main reason I was considering staying on the tribbulis, at a reduced dosage, during the 1-ad was to counter the supposed “lack of libido” caused by 1-ad (although I have read there is no truth to that allegation.

The creatine I take for its obvious benefits, and hoped to reduce the water retention by seriously reducing sodium intake. I don’t even know enough to know if that would work.

Thanks for your advice.

I’d disagree and say keep the creatine while taking 1ad…I’ve taken it 3x before without creatine, and I had much better results the one time I used it while on a “cycle.” I would theorize that taking a prohormone might increase the “creatine threshold” in a muscle cell temporarily. I’m speaking out of my ass on that b/c I know of nothing but my thinking process to substantiate it.

[quote]stevehnsn wrote:
I would save the Tribulus for PCT at the end of 1-AD.

HMB isn’t worth the price. Studies show that in large doses (3g/day), it MAY have a positive effect on lean body mass and cholesterol, but that it will lose effectiveness over prolonged periods of time. There are not enough positive, non-biased human studies on HMB to make the supplement seem favorable, and weight trainers that have used HMB tend to balk at the notion that it is as useful a supplement as say creatine or glutamine. Personally I think it’s too expensive to justify the potentially minimal benefits.

Since 1-AD will cause you to retain some water, cut out the creatine, but use it with Tribex during PCT. If you already have the HMB you might as well use it with 1-AD, and keep the glutamine.

That’s MHO.[/quote]

How can you say that about HMB? Bill Phillips says it “Feels like Deca”.

[quote]How can you say that about HMB? Bill Phillips says it “Feels like Deca”.

[/quote]

ya and i have some swampland for sale…

If you’re going to use the HMB, you’re going to want to take about 3 grams a day. I don’t know how many pills that is for your supp, but that’s the recommended dosage for possible gains. If you can return that crap and get your money back do it, then hunt down some 4-AD and use THAT to counteract the loss of libido (and lethargy) that you might experience on 1-AD.

You can choose to take creatine if you want to. It will increase the intracellular water retention even more, and the increased CP in your muscles could add to your strength gains. If you find that you are getting unbearably painful pumps in your lower back while deadlifting, squatting, etc… the first thing to do is drop the creatine. This is the reason that I avoid creatine in general. I also wouldn’t worry too much about minimizing sodium intake, since most (but not all) of the water you retain will probably be intramuscular in nature, although I suppose it couldn’t hurt unless you over do it and mess up your electrolytes.

I would still save the tribulus for PCT. With the added 1-AD, your LH production will inevitably taper off after a couple of weeks, and tribulus is just not strong enough to offset the suppression. However, when you go off the prohormone supps, you’re going to want to ‘kickstart’ LH production ASAP, and for that you’ll need large amounts of tribulus if you’re not going to be using clomid or nolva. You might also consider picking up Biotest’s ZMA supplement, which you can use all the time.