T Nation

1.5 Years Training, 18 Years Old

Been training 5 times a week, one muscle group a day, but may switch to three days a week to allow for more recovery time…let me know what you think and what changes can be made to improve weaknesses…

back

Youre a little skinny for my taste, but I usually date bodybuilders. What are you trying to achieve? Do you have before pictures? Were you thinner or fatter?

Stick to compound movements and try either a full body workout 3x/week or a lower body 2xweek/upper body 2x/week. Ms, asks a good question, are you trying to gain mass primarily or strength? I’m assuming size?

height weight lifts?

u look like uve only been doin pullups and pushups for a year and a half bro

I think your screen name provides your answer. You have some overall development which is a good start but there’s no point in focusing on any particular body part. You need more mass all over. Heavy, multi-joint compound lifts 3x/week, dial in your diet, get your rest, and just “KEEPGOIN”!

You really shouldn’t be lifting 5 times a week. Take it down to 3. Compound movements are very necessary to someone trying to gain mass, if that is what you are trying to do. However, it’s not necessary to completely avoid all isolation exercises as many would have you believe.

Don’t forget the importance of diet either. A caloric surplus is absolutely vital when trying to gain mass. Try to get at least 1.5 grams of protein for every pound of bodyweight along with a lot of fruits and vegetables.

im 5’ 11" 155 pounds

started counting calories the other day and realized im only getting about 1400 a day so i will be getting that number up to about 2800-3000.

also havent worked legs much until the last about month or two

trying to put on some more muscle while still keeping body fat low, right now my body fat is around 8 tho it doesnt really look it from the picture

for weighing 155 lbs im maxing out at about 250 lbs for bench

i think my main problem is just the diet…thanks for the help so far

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
height weight lifts?

u look like uve only been doin pullups and pushups for a year and a half bro[/quote]

5 foot 11
155 lbs

Back: BB Row, Weighted Pull Ups (35 lb belt), Cable Row, DL 4 reps at 185 lbs

Chest: pretty much switching from DB and BB at either flat, incline, or decline

Legs: squats, stiff legged deadlifts, leg extensions, calf raises

Tricep: Close grip, pulldowns, skull crushers

Shoulders: Arnold Press, BB Military

Bicep: DB Curls, Preacher Curls, Inc Hammer Curls

again, i think my problem is diet…been doin a lot more than push ups and pull ups but arent getting that great of results which is why im here…