1 Like

People still use bar soap?

2 Likes

Quiet you soapist

5 Likes

#LiquidSoapSupremacist
#TheFoamSoapWillRiseAgain

3 Likes

Progress usually implies a “before” and “after”. You went from X to Y. Are you looking for genuine critique of your progress with some useful outcome, or a pat on the back?

Another one of these and still no shoe.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t have a before picture
I posted this just to have someone approve of my progress and to get rid of the feeling that my hard work went to waste.
I know it’s pity of me to ask for words of encouragement but for an introvert who spends most of his time online this is the only way for me😔

This is untrue. It’s something you choose.

This website is a resource for sure, but that’s a poor use of it.

2 Likes

I think that, even if the responses here were overwhelmingly positive, you’d get very little value out of it. Compliments from anonymous internet strangers will feel hollow and meaningless unless you’ve either invested enough in a relationship enough to trust their opinion, or unless it echoes an opinion you already have.

1 Like

Damn man, way to call me to out :confused:

1 Like

Would you look better or worse if you hadnt have trained for the past year and a half?

1 Like

You posting a shirtless photo online in search of approval doesn’t scream ‘introvert’ to me.

This sounds more accurate to be honest.

Don’t base your happiness off the approval of others because you’ll seldom receive it. If you’re happy with your progress, be happy with it; if not, then keep lifting into you are happy with it. But seeking approval online is some real beta shit that won’t help you any in real life.

2 Likes

you’re off to a fantastic start. great work so far. keep going.

2 Likes

Plenty of “tough love” style posts in here that I broadly agree with.

That said, you look good and should be proud of the effort you’ve put in and what you’ve achieved. You have a physique that many people would be envious of, and if you stick with it I’m sure you’ll reach a level that is truly impressive.

Poor kid. He just wants a bit of appreciation.

I’ll start with saying - you look good. Pretty good in fact. Like a teenage with a good idea about discipline and dedication. Those are the things that will serve you well. If you embark on a life of getting bigger and stronger discipline and dedication are the two of the most important factors.

Next - personally I get why you posted the picture and I don’t see any harm in seeking a touch of validation. Hell there isn’t a person alive that that doesn’t like to be told “your doing okay”. And I expect the members of this forum are the digital equivalent to the gnarly old gits at the back of the gym pressing what other people squat. We are the “cool guys”. So don’t feel bad. I still like getting told I did okay from these guys.

But as others have posted. Be careful. Not everyone on the internet has an opinion you should care about (this web site aside. Most people here are cool).

5 Likes

Is this possible?

2 Likes

I agree, i think its a problem of this sub forum. I think it should be changed from ‘rate my physique’ to ‘how am im doing?’ Or ‘my progress’. Where people can post things they want to show off or are proud of.

The fact its ‘rate’ opens it up for critism. If this same thing would have been posted in a training log, or an introduction post, im sure there would have been more positivity and way to go buddy kinda stuff.

3 Likes

The part of feeling happy with your progress, or the part where you can keep working towards it?

One of those two are possible for me (and probably most on this site), but not both.

I guess I haven’t really ever felt happy with my progress. Happy I hit a certain lift, or look a bit better, yes, but happy with the rate of progress, level of strength or physique, not yet. I guess I could say I’ve been content, but happy, not so much.

1 Like

Or people just try and a the the spirt of the post?
Because no one has posted anything untrue or even unhelpful. Hell some made a legitimate point. But like wise it took 11 posts before anyone offered any sort of feed back about the way the kid looked.

I think keeping the criticism is key. At the end of the day this is a BB web site.

1 Like