1.25 or 1.5g Protein Per Pound of Bodyweight?

You’re undoubtedly right in the fact that it isn’t clear or black or white and we can manipulate specific conditions or variables to suit certain circumstances.

I am not personally arguing for those figures but used them as the OP did, and I think in this case it’s necessary for him to stop overthinking and start eating high protein and healthy. That applies for 99% of people trying to get in shape and all the plethora of recommendations generally just lead to confusion!

Yup meat can be expensive, not sure where you’re from but generally fattier meat is cheaper (cook it and drain the fat if you don’t want the calories), meat isn’t the only source of protein as well: eggs, legumes/beans/pulses, cheese, Greek yoghurt, protein powder, nuts etc.

France the city of bread yeahyeah, yeah for the rest a read some good book about paleo alimentation and so on, i try to buy a good meet like they live outside and blabla so it is a bit more expansive but i prefere

iam curious how peoples before eat, for sure the meet was more better, but also more difficult to get, also how in greece antique how they eat

Yes, I take that on board. It is a classic case of majoring in the minors. I cannot think of many circumstances where the difference between consuming, say, 180g and 220g PRO a day is going to have a significant impact on your gains.

2 Likes

Agreed, but it’s when people start taking general conversations about what’s too much then get the wrong end of the stick and end up too low, whilst I’m not arguing more is better, if you aim high as a beginner your less likely to screw up.

Once you’re more aware of your own body and needs then adjust downwards if needed.

I wouldn’t worry too much about fad diets, if you aren’t allergic or intolerant to grain or dairy (or processed food) then there is no reason to eliminate it.

We know what sensible healthy diets are in general, meat, veg, fruit, grains and dairy are all healthy/acceptable (surely a Frenchman wouldn’t give up cheese?!).

Going for higher quality meat is laudable but you’ve got to make sure you goals are being supported by you diet and if your ethics and wallet won’t allow that then either change your goals or you shopping habits!

1 Like

Or change your habits. A mate of mine was unhappy with spending so much money on meat that he got a hunting license. It didn’t take many animals to recoup the investment on the training/rifle.

1 Like

iam not worry about fad diets, i have a good balance, and i think that i eats correctly just not enough fruits

we are great doctor in france before, like seignalet and so on

Hunting license it is not a bad idea, like that u kill by yourself and understand more what u eat and why it is also good to not eat to much meet, if u don’t kill, u don’t really understand after different way for understand of course

later in my life a want get my land, vegetable, permacultur, chicken, and i think that when u see how turn the world soon, u will be happy to get a land

What was he hunting? And where?

Elk. Not sure where really matters to you. Outside of your country.

Ok mate, just showing an interest. Not planning on hunting the hunter anytime soon!

You guys ever check out Brandon Morrison’s stuff on Facebook? He hasn’t bought meat in a year or so, he hunts small game (squirrels, pheasant, etc) and that’s his entire protein intake. I wish I had the balls to hunt, it would be great to have food without relying on others to get it.

Haha, that’s not how I perceived it. It was more like, if we both lived within the same borders and you were looking for decent hunting grounds that might actually be a useful tip to relay to you.

If this is at all directed at me, my answer is “no” (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp are all platforms that do not have a place in my life).

I have a cooking book where the bloke catches a street pigeon with his hands… You do what you have to to survive I guess.

1 Like

It was directed at anyone looking at this thread. Expressing admiration for your friend for solving his own problems and pointing out that others do the same thing.

I probably couldn’t kill the animals myself but being a major carnivore I would love to subsist on a diet of wild meat: bison, elk, salmon, etc, together with organic free range eggs, and all washed down with raw milk and unsullied fresh mountain water. I’m convinced it would have anabolic effects worth 10lbs LBM to my modest frame!

1 Like

What were the 12 week results like?

In terms of advancing my knowledge vis a vis training, they were awesome–learned a tremendous amount. In terms of improvements in body comp…As good as could be expected for a 50+ natty, I’d say.

2 Likes

1.5 is very high and unnecessary.

1 Like

I struggle to understand how people that divvy up their intake into P+F/P+C meals manage to keep their protein not-high and still reach some degree of satiety. But, this would of course depend on how light/heavy one is. I currently end up above 1.25g/lbs, but below 1.5g/lbs. But I don’t see the need to increase protein as my weight goes up. My current intake just gets me a decent serving size during my meals and my intra-workout shake and I’m quite happy to scale up carbs and fats as the weight trend continues upwards.

1 Like