1,000lbs Squat Advice

Simple.

Add more reverse band tension, put the straps up, cut your depth a little more, and have your spotter provide more assistance than he appears to be in the picture.

1000# here you come.

How you have decided you are in need of advice on getting to a 1000# squat based on that lift, which doesn’t even remotely resemble a free squat RAW or equipped, is beyond me.

Google Jimmy The Iron Bull. He should have some pointers for you.

[quote]bjjwannabe152 wrote:
still waiting for that video…[/quote]

hopefully this works

…and it looks like it might not, what video format is best used to upload videos here?

hey sweet it worked, anyway, the video wasn’t started in time and honestly I didn’t want video, I wanted some pics, but the person using my phone didn’t get things right and I ended up with this, at the end of the vid you can see where the box is that I came up off of, however the video starts right after I’m coming up off the box. Thank you to those of you who have taken my word and this post seriously, I am not a troll, it was a mistake posting this here, I feel how I trained to get to this point might not work from here up so I was looking for some guidence, but I just wanted to check with people here first.

I did forget about that 1000lbs pursuit thread so I’ll probably hit that up later today. As for the 1500 pound raw(181’er) total goal, it will almost just get you into the top 50 raw powerlifters overall in the nation depending on the fed you do it in, the list is on powerliftingwatch.com under power rankings, lowest 181 total is 1504 and is listed as being the 28th best powerlifter in the US. I believe that I could do that now but am currently trying to set my sights higher after seeing what Jamie McDugal totalled a couple weeks ago, but still believe a 1500 total at 181 is nothing to brush aside. Also, the squat suit I am wearing is a Metal Viking V-Type, and Metal All Black Knee Wraps 2.5 meter.

I hope to take some vids of my other lifts and raw lifts for fun so if anyone wants to peridically check my profile for new vids I hope to have some up in a couple weeks or so. I’m claiming a 500lb front squat(raw), 615+ back squat(knee wraps), and hopefully 600+ deadlift(not sure raw or geared yet), not worth recording my bench yet. And hopefully add some more geared squat work. So hopefully you can see if I’m trolling or actually gonna follow through with the lifts :slight_smile: haha

I’ll… get back to this thread with advice… when I have done a 1000lbs squat…

If I never come back, ya all know why!

2 scoops, you put up so I’ll shut up. Ha

Good job man. That’s some good shit right there. I wish I could have seen the whole movement but so what. I have that same bar and know how hard that shit is. I can seriously appretiate a strong lift and at your body weight it’s even better. You have to admit that there are way too many folks that make crazy claims in internet forums. Unfortunately, you were a victim of my questioning. This questioning is good, it makes people think about posting bullshit and helps keep this shit honest.

Hey, so were those blue bands? I’ve never done a rev band squat before. I don’t know why I haven’t. I do rev deads and bench all the time. I may just give it a try. Maybe I’ll get a video and you can bust my balls…ha

Anyways, AWESOME stuff and MAD props to you bro. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Hey thanks man, no I fully understand. Those bands were actually the new strong bands from elitefts. They are pretty awesome. I would highly recomend doing some reverse band work, especially with that ss yoke bar. I normally worked in 2-3 hard sets of reverse band after 3 challenging sets, pretty vague advice I know but I don’t want a long typing session about my program, if you wanna better breakdown let me know. And yes you are right, that bar can be a bitch, my back was sore til today. If you take a vid I’d be happy to bust your balls about it lol.

Here’s some advice to up your squat, a lot of people might not like it though. Simply up your gear, get 2-ply briefs and a canvas suit, or a 2-ply metal suit, but if you do decide to up your equipment do it slowly, there is more to learn whenever you get more advanced with your gear. And I know what everyone wants to say, that I just gave the worst answer ever, I am definetly not the type of PL that thinks the solution to bigger lifts is simply add more plys. I was only giving a suggestion.

I do not have a 1,000lb squat, but before you try something new with your training find out what your 1rm is with a regular squat bar, full gear, and no band or chains. If you are trying to move onto the next level of your training you should first get an idea of where you are at right now. Everyone can make their estimates on how much assistance those bands gave you, but there are just too many variables. There are many different ways to up your totals, but only you know what works best for you. Try to go back an look at things you have done in the past that have worked good for you.

Maybe you could even try some old-school techniques like heavy stand-ups, half squats, negatives, and forced reps.

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:
Hey this question is posed to all the 1,000 pound squatters here, or even the 900 pound squatters. My profile pic was taken the other day, it was a 891 reverse band squat single ply straps down with light to medium tension, the lift probably averaged 800-830. Anyway, my question is what did you due training wise to push your squat from the 800 or 900 mark to the 1000lb mark? Any tips or training logs would be appreciated. Thanks[/quote]

He dosent post here at all really but. I think he could at least help. Thats my two cents.

thanks for posting the video.

I think to get better advice on how to increase your squat you would have to tell us what your current program looks like, what you have done in the past, and what has worked for you in the past.

good work on the squat man, the SS bar is a killer, I HATE the fucker. your not gonna see too many 800+ squatters here, so Id look somewhere else. A good Idea is to find a gym that has 900-1000 squatters.

Like some other poster said is to look into the the Inzer Levithan, it isnt cheap, but theres probly 90 pounds more or probly more than that in the Inzer. Good luck man

As I’ve been thinking about this thread I have come to a conclusion, how is going over the 900lb mark or the 1000lb mark any different than when you went over the 600, 700, or 800?

It’s just another weight, there is no magic way that you must train to break the 1000lb mark beyond what you are probably doing now.

I do train with 2 PLs that can do over 1000lbs and they don’t train any different than anyone else, just with heavier weights. If what you are doing is working than just keep on doing it, and don’t be affraid to experiment.

My best equipped squat is 848. I have done this on several occasions as well as several other 800+ squats. I used Metal Pro briefs under a Metal Pro suit. I have also used a Metal Ace suit. These are all multi ply pieces of gear. I got around 300lbs out of this gear combination along with knee wraps and a belt out of a monolift.

Their is a guy on our team that gets 400+ pounds out of his squat gear. To lift heavy in gear you have to master your gear. If you don’t train with guys that can help you master your gear, the first thing you need to do is to find some guys to train with that can. It is easier to reach a goal when you have people around you that have already done it. Look at most of the big lifters they lift with other big lifters. Their experience can save you time and you will have a better chance reaching your goals.

i’m just a little guy, my squat numbers would make power lifters laugh out loud, anyway good luck w/ your quest for 1000.

this fires me up!!!

1000x2 plus what he says at the end…beastly

[quote]Phillip Wylie wrote:
My best equipped squat is 848. I have done this on several occasions as well as several other 800+ squats. I used Metal Pro briefs under a Metal Pro suit. I have also used a Metal Ace suit. These are all multi ply pieces of gear. I got around 300lbs out of this gear combination along with knee wraps and a belt out of a monolift.

Their is a guy on our team that gets 400+ pounds out of his squat gear. To lift heavy in gear you have to master your gear. If you don’t train with guys that can help you master your gear, the first thing you need to do is to find some guys to train with that can. It is easier to reach a goal when you have people around you that have already done it. Look at most of the big lifters they lift with other big lifters. Their experience can save you time and you will have a better chance reaching your goals. [/quote]

All of your posts are gold Phill.

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:
Hey this question is posed to all the 1,000 pound squatters here, or even the 900 pound squatters. My profile pic was taken the other day, it was a 891 reverse band squat single ply straps down with light to medium tension, the lift probably averaged 800-830. Anyway, my question is what did you due training wise to push your squat from the 800 or 900 mark to the 1000lb mark? Any tips or training logs would be appreciated. Thanks[/quote]

Most peeps on here should take advice from you, not the other way around. By the way, what’s your advice on plateau breaking on squat/deads?

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:
I’m claiming a 500lb front squat(raw), 615+ back squat(knee wraps), and hopefully 600+ deadlift(not sure raw or geared yet), not worth recording my bench yet. haha[/quote]

I suggest you work on your deadlift seeing as it is 200lbs below your equipped squat and in fact is lover than your best squat in just wraps

[quote]Phillip Wylie wrote:

Their is a guy on our team that gets 400+ pounds out of his squat gear. T[/quote]

FML. I wanna do this!!!

Any “secrets”?? Lemme guess, he’s a rock solid core and upper back, does lots of band work and box squats?

What gear combo is that?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Phillip Wylie wrote:

Their is a guy on our team that gets 400+ pounds out of his squat gear. T

FML. I wanna do this!!!

Any “secrets”?? Lemme guess, he’s a rock solid core and upper back, does lots of band work and box squats?

What gear combo is that?[/quote]

Power pants, under single ply briefs, under multiply briefs, under a canvas suit with a rocket in his ass?

:wink:

Cash crew and Phillip Wylie have given you the best advice by far! You definently are at a point with your lifting where you can give others advice! Your numbers put my PR’s to shame but increasing your gear could work for you. Who knows what you could get out of some canvas!!! any additional core work and lower back assistance work will also help your stability under tension