1,000lbs Squat Advice

Hey this question is posed to all the 1,000 pound squatters here, or even the 900 pound squatters. My profile pic was taken the other day, it was a 891 reverse band squat single ply straps down with light to medium tension, the lift probably averaged 800-830. Anyway, my question is what did you due training wise to push your squat from the 800 or 900 mark to the 1000lb mark? Any tips or training logs would be appreciated. Thanks

I dont think there is any 1000 pound squatters that post here.

Not to my knowledge anywya.

The only one close to it that I know of is Maudermeat

You’re posting on T-Nation… there’s a million people here… and 99% of them don’t know anything.

As for me. I have no idea, your squat is light years ahead of me. Awesome work.

EFS has a lot of 900+ squatters. Maybe ask them a direct question?

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
You’re posting on T-Nation… there’s a million people here… and 99% of them don’t know anything.

As for me. I have no idea, your squat is light years ahead of me. Awesome work.

EFS has a lot of 900+ squatters. Maybe ask them a direct question?[/quote]

That is true but I thought I would ask just in case. Was gonna ask EFS if I didn’t get much info here.

I would try EFS.

Great squat man.

Jason Pegg post here every once in a while methinks (850lbs squat), but since he’s on EFS anyway…

BTW keep up the insane work!

I’m sure this Scoopz guy is probably some teenage jackoff who spends his time photoshopping realistic looking weightlifting photos. No one could squat that much. It’s impossible.

Pinto has an 825 squat.

Im pretty sure hes the strongest on here. Might wanna PM him.

sorry new here but what does EFS stand for?

[quote]palanilopez12 wrote:
sorry new here but what does EFS stand for?[/quote]

Elite Fitness Systems

hahaha i probably couldnt even spot you

yeah i’m gonna call you out bro. i would like to see video not a grainy pic. plus you say your 185pds and trained for 4 yrs? yeah video brother?

I can’t squat that, but I’ll tell you how!

Start with a Blast metamorphosis mesocycle…

Hehe, just kidding. Tremendous squat man.

How’d you get there?

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
2-SCOOPS wrote:
Hey this question is posed to all the 1,000 pound squatters here, or even the 900 pound squatters. My profile pic was taken the other day, it was a 891 reverse band squat single ply straps down with light to medium tension, the lift probably averaged 800-830. Anyway, my question is what did you due training wise to push your squat from the 800 or 900 mark to the 1000lb mark? Any tips or training logs would be appreciated. Thanks

not to be a dick but this is from your profile…

Ran college track for a couple years, pulled my hammy about 3 times within those 2 years, said screw it and started just lifting. Joined a college weight club and got talked into power lifting, i love it! I competitive lift at 165 and right now am just under elite raw, but hope to surpass that soon and am shooting for a 1500 pound raw total goal.

Other details:
Weight: 185
Height: 5’8"
Body fat %: don’t know, don’t care
Years Training: 4

So your 1000 lb squat will go a long way towards that 1500lb total your going for…

so you want to come clean?

[/quote]

Yea I understand, well I haven’t done a 1000 pound squat, I said I want to know what people did to get there. That 1500 pound total was referring to a raw total not equipped, I feel like I can do that now but as a 181’er(I’m actually at 187-190 right now) not 165, and I wrote my profile a while ago, I have since added a lot of poundage to my raw and equipped total. That conorh is just fucking around, he’s actually in the back of the pic spotting me. I have only the second half of the squat on video from my phone(picked a random person to video but people can’t operate shit right) but it is the most important part, where I come up from the squat. I will put that up now. You think I’m a troll…whatever I don’t give a shit what internet warriors think or do, I know what I’ve done and what I want to accomplish, I take the fact that you think my squat is so outta control that you think I’m a troll a compliment. Please, useful information only.

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:
StrengthDawg wrote:
2-SCOOPS wrote:

not to be a dick but this is from your profile…

Ran college track for a couple years, pulled my hammy about 3 times within those 2 years, said screw it and started just lifting. Joined a college weight club and got talked into power lifting, i love it! I competitive lift at 165 and right now am just under elite raw, but hope to surpass that soon and am shooting for a 1500 pound raw total goal.

Other details:
Weight: 185
Height: 5’8"
Body fat %: don’t know, don’t care
Years Training: 4

So your 1000 lb squat will go a long way towards that 1500lb total your going for…

so you want to come clean?

Yea I understand, well I haven’t done a 1000 pound squat, I said I want to know what people did to get there. That 1500 pound total was referring to a raw total not equipped, I feel like I can do that now but as a 181’er(I’m actually at 187-190 right now) not 165, and I wrote my profile a while ago, I have since added a lot of poundage to my raw and equipped total. That conorh is just fucking around, he’s actually in the back of the pic spotting me. I have only the second half of the squat on video from my phone(picked a random person to video but people can’t operate shit right) but it is the most important part, where I come up from the squat. I will put that up now. You think I’m a troll…whatever I don’t give a shit what internet warriors think or do, I know what I’ve done and what I want to accomplish, I take the fact that you think my squat is so outta control that you think I’m a troll a compliment. Please, useful information only.[/quote]

Sorry bout the troll spray. I thought it would be kind of funny. maybe that was a bit over the top so forgive me. Ok so you don’t squat 1k but you did say this…

so I click on your profile because I’m frakin impressed to say the least. I then see that you weigh 180 lbs. and that you want to total 1500 Raw. Not that this is bad. So my mind says this guy either has one hell of a squat suit to be able to rev band 800lbs or he’s weak as fuck RAW. So I asked the question.

Didn’t say you were out of control. If in fact you squat anywhere near 800 lbs with a suit with the straps down you’ll be hard pressed to find info here or on most of these forums as you are already an elite level squatter. Possible world record contender level seeing hows an 800lb squat at 190# body weight is a 4.21 X BW squat.
I squat in the low 600’S with a loose Titan Centurian so I’m not a 900#-der that your looking for. I doubt you give a shit what I say at this point but, I can tell you what I do if you care to hear anything I have to say. Sorry to have ticked you off. I was just very curious and confused about your post vs your profile. A post of 1000lbs squat advice is rather eye catching. Good luck in your lifting man.

I saw this thread, opened the OP’s profile and thought the same thing too. I just didn’t bother starting a pissing match. This is the internet. There are far too many trolls that make ridiculous claims, that it is standard practice to question the lift. I’m glad I did’t bother to comment earlier.

I know the OP doesn’t really care, and that’s a good attitude, but if it’s not on video it didn’t happen. Too many variables, straps down, reverse band, only got the top part of the lift on video, going for a 1500 raw total, but Squatting close to a grand. Was it only the top part of the squat that was caught on video, or was that the entire squat?

I’d love to see a video, that’s a very respectable Squat at any weight. But it’s not going to happen. I’m sure it wasn’t the intent of the thread, but it comes across as one of a hundred threads that say “Look how much I can lift, can any of you do that?” Good luck in your quest to 1000. Get around some guys that are stronger than you, and ask them for advice.

Edit: This came acrossed pissier than intended. Not questioning the OP on his lift. Just didn’t see the point of the thread.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Get around some guys that are stronger than you[/quote]

This is the best advice you will get.

Look up the “1000 lbs pursuit” thread in the logs section at elite. Also could try asking Wendler some questions in the 5/3/1 thread here

still waiting for that video…