Kir Dog wrote:
You forgot to include her phone number.
For a good time, call.
What’s the damn area code? I’ve tried like 15 different area codes and I keep getting “wrong number”.
Just make sure you ask for “Jenny”. [/quote]
I guess raider fan wasn’t the only trying to call:
Various claims have been made about the number, including:
* +1-415-867-5309 had been a real number in San Francisco of a friend (Sean Fao) of someone in the band, promptly disconnected after the song's release
* +1-716-867-5309 was the number of the daughter of the Erie County, New York County Sheriff who vigorously investigated prank callers and turned them over for prosecution.
When the song became a hit, listeners began dialing 867-5309 in large numbers, with diverse effects on the people who actually had that number:
* subscribers with same or similar numbers in other area codes also ordered them disconnected after receiving many calls
* some radio stations at the time were applying to obtain lines with +1-areacode-867-5309 numbers for promotional purposes (some, such as one in Chicago, actually succeeded)
* Phones in dormitories at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island begin with 867, and students with 867-5309 have had to deal with prank calls. However, recently GEM Plumbing and Heating in Providence aquired the number and uses it in their jingle; all other 867 numbers are still Brown dorms.
* a more recent attempt to auction the number +1-212-867-5309 on eBay received bids in the $200,000 range before the auction listing was pulled at the request of Verizon
those fake boobies look awesome. she is nice to look at but i’ll leave her for all you 6+ males. Not saying i would not take her if i could. it’s so hard to tell the size of the models from pictures. laters pk
those fake boobies look awesome. she is nice to look at but i’ll leave her for all you 6+ males. Not saying i would not take her if i could. it’s so hard to tell the size of the models from pictures. laters pk[/quote]
so what are you saying, you are a 6- male?