T Nation

0.5 Inch Needles

Is 0.5 inch too small to be injecting into quads/glutes/delts etc.??

what about 5/8 inch?

should the minimum be 1 inch?

thx

I’ve used .5inch slin pins in my delts, and many people use them for delts and quads. I personally would use 5/8 for a slin pin, however, just for the extra depth.

I wouldn’t use a .5 or a 5/8 inch needle for glutes unless you’re extremely lean. I personally use 1.5 inch needles for glute and ventroglute.

Edited for accuracy

cheers mate. I’ve been using 0.5 in my delts for a while, just ran out of needles, was thinking on gettting bigger ones.

I continue to read about pain associated with quad injections. Does a change in injection depth, going from a 1" needle down to .5" help reduce the pain. Or is there no difference once the skin is penetrated?

[quote]vette6 wrote:
I continue to read about pain associated with quad injections. Does a change in injection depth, going from a 1" needle down to .5" help reduce the pain. Or is there no difference once the skin is penetrated?[/quote]

Many people say slin pins are a godsend for quads. Of course, you’ll need to be using 1 ml or less of total oil.

I shot 1.2 mil in my quad for my first shot (well, one of them… frontload was split up) with a 23g 1.5 inch needle and I was in excruciating pain for about 3 days. I’m 99.9% sure I hit a lymph node (going by the injection pain sticky).

I’ll be using slin pins on my next cycle [with pins ED], so I’ll be using quads. I’m hoping they won’t cause pain like most people with quad shots.

Anyway, yes a smaller needle (in both length and diameter) should induce less pain than a larger (in both length and diameter) needle.

I dont think its the injection pain that hurts quads come from breaking the tissue with the pin (sometime you can hut nerves that make the muscle move) most pain in the quads comes from gear with a high amount of B.A. normally more pain associated with prop or something that is very high mg/ml like old school t-400.

I get nasty pain in the quads regardless of what I shoot and what I use to shoot it. It’s not a BA content issue, at least for me. A high degree of innervation is probably a good part of the explanation.

On a side note, has anyone injected/heard of injecting into the rectus femoris? I know of some guys who shoot there all the time, with a 23g 1.5 inch needle, no less. (They’re also 250+ lb powerlifters with MASSIVE legs, so that could have something to do with it.)

/hijak