_T_'s Training Log

Decided to make a online log of my progress. I always seem to lose or destroy the paper journals, and its a hassle to write in them during the workout.

Current stats.
BW:180lb
BF%:20% ish

Lifts/Current 1RM.
Deadlift: 315lb
Squat: 185lb
Bench: 150lb
OHP: 105

Goals.
Deadlift: 2x BW
Squat: 1.5x BW
Bench: 1.0x BW
OHP: 0.8x BW

Non Lifting Goals.
Become leaner
Improve cardio/ i.e become capable of casually jogging 5km in 30 minutes

Current eating plan.
Simple diet The Simple Diet

Summary.
I’d like decent lifts before developing more arduous goals.
I’d like to lean out to a lower BF%
I’d like to be able to have increase cardio endurance.

Deadlift day.

Dead Lifts
135x6
185x5
225x5
275x 3 sets of 5

Chinups
x6
x6
x4
x4
x4

Finished with 20 minutes of jogging made it 1.8 miles.

Chest was done earlier in the so I’ll record it next week.

Worked my way to 3 working sets of 275 for 5 reps, going to be upping the weight 5 lb weekly on deadlifts and squat. Bench and OHP i’ll be attempting 5lb each week but won’t be upset if its every 3 weeks.

If you feel my volume is too much or not enough let me know, all feed back is welcome. Also I’ll try to answer any questions if I get any.

Military Press Day

Military Press (lbs)
45x8
65x5
75x3
95x5 for 3 sets

Cleans
Bar Practice
95x3
95x3
105x3
105x3
115x3
135x1 Just wanted to see if I could. Was easy

Barbell twists
Barx16
Barx16
Barx20

Rowed 2500m

Over all decent day, burnt my hand on the stove the night before so I had grip issues. Cleans were meant to be paired with Jerks but wrist was bothering me. Question if cleans are right on this day, but I love the movement and it hits my traps so good.

Some days I think maybe I need less rest, but the lower back takes quite a beating. I’m not against isolation movement per se, but they really need to help, and not hey i want bigger arms etc. Any way leg day after work tomorrow…

Squat day.

Back Squat
95x5
115x5
135x3
155x3
185x1
205x1

Decided to test 1RM to get a true measure of it instead of an estimate. I could of probably went 225 but didn’t want to aggravate this problem I have with my right leg. Will post tomorrow on the condition of it. Squatting always seems to give my right leg a striking pain along the edge during and the day after. But I performed a ton of stretching in between sets.

GHD
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Felt good, Hams were really trembling, the were still sore from deadlifts

Leg extensions
85x8
85x8
100x8

Adductor/Abductor
105-110 on both for 12-15 reps 3 sets each

Doing these right now because I feel it helps with my hip stability and flexibilty. ( Correct me if it actually doesn’t)

Cardio

10 mins biking

Did mainly to kinda flush out my legs, and keep a sweat going.