____ Beer Float?

So I am sitting here bored at work and I begin thinking, “I wonder what my roomate is up too?”

“He probably has some of our friends over and is drinking right now…”

“I wish I was drinking right now…”

“I want a guiness.”

And then the magic began to happen. The wheels started turning. The guiness would taste so chocolatey good, mmmmm. Chocolate…icecream would be good too. Or a rootbeer float.

And then history was made! What about a beer beer float?! Has that ever been done? I was not aware that was legal. I immediately jotted down the formula and have told nobody.

Then i searched on google, and apparently people have done this before. So what are your opinions?

What kind of icecream would go good? should i go with a vanilla bean or a chocolate or coffee to accent the flavour of the guinness?

I’d just toss a banana split in there.

Well the ice cream choice is really going to depend on the beer choice. With guiness I would likely go with a caramel ice cream, possibly even a rich chocolate ice cream.

For lighter beers I would go with vanilla. Your choices could really get interesting once you start getting into the specility beers, like the fruit flavoured beers. With those I would try and match the icecream.

Two-three scoops real vanilla with guinness, 1554, or Woodchuck cider.

Mods please retitle this thread- “How I ruined a perfectly good pint of beer”.

Four Peaks Brewery in Arizona has a Guinness milk shake. Vanilla ice cream blended with Guinness, great in theory, nasty in reality.

[quote]duece wrote:
Four Peaks Brewery in Arizona has a Guinness milk shake. Vanilla ice cream blended with Guinness, great in theory, nasty in reality.[/quote]

If you are from AZ try Oggies. I like it better and the bar is smoke free. It is on Bell north of Frank Lloyds Wright up the 101. I like 4 peaks but the last time I was in there I smelled like a cigarette when I left.

[quote]duece wrote:
Four Peaks Brewery in Arizona has a Guinness milk shake. Vanilla ice cream blended with Guinness, great in theory, nasty in reality.[/quote]

let me know I’ll meet you for a beer :slight_smile:

So I tried this last night. I put 2 scoops of natural breyer’s vanilla in a pint of guinness draft.

It is a somewhat weird taste at first but when the ice cream melts into the beer it starts to taste delicious.

I think I prefer the beer straight up. But if i try this again I will definately use a softer serve icecream. Also, I could deffinately see why people recommended a coffee flavored ice cream.

Another thing I heard of is that there are specialty brews like Young’s chocolate stout or a dessert type after dinner microbrew that would work better.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
duece wrote:
Four Peaks Brewery in Arizona has a Guinness milk shake. Vanilla ice cream blended with Guinness, great in theory, nasty in reality.

let me know I’ll meet you for a beer :)[/quote]

I would…love Four Peaks, but not in Az. anymore.

It seems you guys have figured it out, but for what it’s worth, I mixed up Miller w/ chocolate ice cream years ago (I guess I’m not the only one drunk enough to think of this) and it was pretty good. I don’t think I’d start the night with it though.

I would rather have powdered donuts and a pilsener. That’s a nice combo. I tried Cap’n Crunch with Bud once for breakfast - not recommended. But that was before I discovered good beer.

DB

[quote]etaco wrote:
Mods please retitle this thread- “How I ruined a perfectly good pint of beer”.[/quote]

What’s wrong with you people? Ice cream in beer is BLASPHEMY! Don’t you know it’s a mortal sin to mix beer with anything?!??!!

You’re all going to hell.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
etaco wrote:

What’s wrong with you people? Ice cream in beer is BLASPHEMY! Don’t you know it’s a mortal sin to mix beer with anything?!??!!

[/quote]

You’ve clearly never done an Irish Car Bomb.

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:
So I tried this last night. I put 2 scoops of natural breyer’s vanilla in a pint of guinness draft.
[/quote]

The Breyers Vanilla is a good choice. Next time try it with Young’s Double Chocolate Stout.

Ha ha, this is hilarious, not because it’s a dumb post but because I’ve actually tried this myself. A few years ago my roommate and I thought it would be a good idea, but didn’t put a whole lot of thought into the beer and ice cream choice. It was a fun experiment, but the outcome was not very tasty.

[quote]etaco wrote:
Mods please retitle this thread- “How I ruined a perfectly good pint of beer”.[/quote]

I second this opinion.

I once thought Guinness and espresso would be a good combo…it isn’t.

This isnt ground breaking. I work at the Yardhouse (yardhouse.com), we have over 100 beers on tap and many locations have upwards of 250(the one in vegas thats opening will have 400+).

We have draft beer floats that we make with Young’s Chocolate Stout and Lindenman’s Framboise(raspberry… sparkling beer… more carbonated than a cider).

They are actually really good(if you have a sweet tooth), but I would never order one.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
etaco wrote:

[/quote]

Bah! I’ll bet you don’t eat peanut butter on pizza either.

[quote]Luxberry wrote:
This isnt ground breaking. I work at the Yardhouse (yardhouse.com), we have over 100 beers on tap and many locations have upwards of 250(the one in vegas thats opening will have 400+).

We have draft beer floats that we make with Young’s Chocolate Stout and Lindenman’s Framboise(raspberry… sparkling beer… more carbonated than a cider).

They are actually really good(if you have a sweet tooth), but I would never order one.[/quote]

Thor’s Balls! Why am I only now being made aware of this? I see that there are a few in AZ only a few hours away…Bwahahaha!