How Much Time Will It Take to Transform Myself?

hi,
I have came long way reducing weight from 89 to 78 in 12 months
now I am at - 37 yrs, 78 kg, 5feet9inch, 5 days/week weight training
My question is how long it will take me to get muscular physique, I dont want to be phil health but i have posted my present pics and my expected idol physique

let me know ideal time required for the same with good diet and training regime. also consider my age as is 37 so may be i could hard gainer

Present

Expected

I dont want that six packs apart from that fancing that muscularity

Everyone’s different, so it’s hard to say. If I was to make an estimate I’d say at least a year if you do everything right and consistently. Big emphasis on the words “at least”. Most likely it would be 2 or 3 years.

I’m pretty close to the after pic, and I started from a better place than you are (no offense) and my testosterone is pretty high — and I’m at year 3 of this journey(with lots off and on training over my lifetime), if that gives you any idea. Be in it for the long haul, have fun with the journey and try not to think about the “end result”. It’s good to have goals, but if you’re the kind of person who will succeed at this, then you won’t worry about that pic. When you get there you’ll want more.

learn how to deadlift properly and put in the time to increase your lifts. I’d say 50% of my training is centered around deadlifting and it’s done me so much good in the past year. Tell yourself you’re going to deadlift a half million pounds of volume in one year and set out get it done. I guarantee you will see badass changes to your body that you will love. That’s my advice. Be dedicated…and safe.

1 Like

Three to five years, maybe more if you take a long time to learn how to train, eat and recover optimally.

You need to lose a bunch more fat AND add a bunch of muscle to look like your goal. Trying to do both at the same isn’t likely to work either, and losing more fat right now isn’t going to be particularly easy because losing fat is WAY easier when you already carry a decent amount of muscle.

See where I’m getting at? Start out by adding muscle, and do it without adding fat (which IS possible). Give yourself a year to do this. After a year, see where you’re at. You might want to take another year to add muscle, or you might decide to drop fat for a year. You’ll know when you get there.

This is what I would suggest right now: take a waist, hip, chest, thigh and upper arm measurement and scale weight. Record those. Every two weeks, take those measurements and exalt weight again. What you want is your waist and hip measurements to decrease and your chest, arm and thigh measurements to be the same or increase. Scale weight is less relevant, but if your waist and hips are smaller and your weight is the same or higher, you’re most probably still doing fine.

Now, I’m guessing you’re somewhere in South Asia, or at least eat a largely South Asian diet. I understand that’s pretty high on carbs and fat and relatively low on protein. You’ll probably do well to change that a bit, especially the protein and the kinds of carbs you eat. Until you’re carrying more muscle, you’ll probably do better with lower carbs, higher protein and moderate fat. For protein, eggs are excellent, but meat is king. Goat and lamb are a fine substitute for beef, chicken is great and fish is good too. Carb sources will probably be best as white rice, any kind of potato, oats, cassava, yam, taro, etc. Wheat is OK, but generally tends to be less good. Beans/lentils etc are good for bumping up protein and are a decent carb source too. For fats, nuts are good and so are eggs and milk.

Don’t worry too much about nutrient timing except for eating an hour or so before and as soon after training as possible. If you want, you can limit your carbs to just before and just after training, and avoid eating your carbs with fats. That’s not essential, but could certainly be helpful.

With training because your goal is adding muscle but limiting fat gain you’d probably be better off training four days a week at least, even five or six would be fine as long as you set your training up right. I wouldn’t do much cardio, maybe some sprints twice a week. Here’s an example of how I’d train in your position

Day 1
Squat variation, work up to 5x5-8 reps, add weight when you can do all sets at eight reps
Single leg work, 50 total reps/leg
Leg press, 50 total reps in three sets

Day 2
Dumbbell bench variation, 50 total reps in three sets
Horizontal row (barbell, dumbbell, t-bar, etc) 50 total reps
Vertical row/pull (lat pull-down, chinup, pull-up, etc)
Sprints 10 rounds

Day 3
Deadlift or squat variation, work up to 5x5-8 reps, add weight when you can do all sets at eight reps
Lower back/hamstring work (back raises, kettlebell swings, Romanian deadlifts, very strict barbell rows, etc) 100 total reps
Ab work (hanging leg raises, sit-ups, ab wheel, etc) 100 total reps

Day 4
Quad work (lunges, split squats, leg extensions, hack squats, etc) 50 total reps in three sets
Hamstring work (GHR, leg curls, lunges, back raises, etc), 50 total reps
Vertical or horizontal row variation, 50 total reps
Sprints, 10 rounds

Day 5
Incline or flat bench press variation, work up to 5x5-8 reps, add weight when you can do all sets at eight reps
Overhead press variation, 50 total reps
Horizontal row variation, 50 reps in three sets.

2 Likes

If you take to the lifestyle, it’ll be the rest of your life. You will never be completely satisfied and will always try to improve.

2 Likes